Try or not to try? If you have been eyeing a specific colored contact lens, it’s time to get it. It’ll add the right amount of spark to your eyes. But wait, before you make them yours, make sure to read our guide below.
Why Choose Colored Contacts Lenses?
Colored contact lenses are the best way to accentuate your outfits and personality. But what if we tell you the right colored contact lenses and eye makeup combination can give you a stunning makeover. If you still prefer the “no makeup” look, think twice! Professional Makeup Artist Geetanjali Bhalerao shows us some killer eye makeup ideas to enhance your gorgeous colored peepers. Where’s my makeup stash?
How To Choose Colored Contact Lenses:
Here are a few important factors that you should consider while buying colored contact lenses.
- It should be comfortable and not painful to put in and remove.
- Visit the ophthalmologist for a product recommendation, best lens fit, color, design, and purchase options.
- Consider your skin tone and hair color before choosing the best shade of lenses.
- Keep in mind the makeup—it should complement your lens color.
- Select colored lenses to match your vibe and personality.
For fair skin / black hair = blue and gray colored contact lenses
For tan skin = turquoise, green, aqua colored lenses
For dark skin / brown hair = brown, honey, hazel color lens
Here are some beautiful eye makeup looks to complement different colored contact lenses.
Eye Makeup Tips For Colored Contact Lenses
Makeup Tips For Contact Lens Wearers
- Wash your hands before and after inserting the contact lenses.
- Maintain proper lens care.
- Opt for oil-free and smudge-free makeup products.
- Do not use clumpy mascara; opt for lengthening and volumizing mascaras without fiber particles.
- Remove your lenses before wiping off your makeup.
- Avoid using makeup on your upper and lower waterline that touches the surface of the eyeballs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you put colored contacts in before or after makeup?
Remember to put your contact lenses on before applying your eye shadow, eyeliner, or mascara. Don’t forget to wash your hands to avoid transferring the oil, cream, or powder onto the lenses while wearing them!
2. Are cosmetic colored contacts safe?
They are safe provided you consult the eye doctor and follow their advice and safety tips. Improper wear and lens care (especially while wearing makeup) can increase your chance of an eye infection. Make sure to buy colored contacts from safe and reliable brands based on your prescription.
3. Can you wear colored contacts every day?
Colored contact lenses can be used daily for eight to 16 hours a day. Make sure to take it out before bedtime.
4. Do colored contact lenses expire?
Depending on the brand, colored contact lenses can last anywhere from one day to one year after opening them. Make sure to refer to the packaging to know about the expiry date.