With masks covering the bottom halves of our face, the only way to flaunt our makeup skills is through our eyes. From professional Makeup Artists to social media influencers, everyone’s obsessed with this new trend. With eye makeup, you can do so much – the possibilities are endless!
So today we’ve decided to share some fun looks to pair with Pantone color-inspired contact lenses We’ve seen a lot of beauty influencers, fashionistas, and designers take these colors to the next level by creating several looks and designs around them so we thought of doing something similar but with a small twist.
Earlier this year, the Pantone Color Of The Year 2021 was released and we’re still obsessed! TBH this one came as a surprise to us and was nothing we’d expect since we’re so used to just one color. But this year, the company decided to do something different, so instead of picking one color, they decided to pick two because why not? It’s 2021, a year full of surprises, so why not add another one to the list?
The two Pantone shades are Ultimate Gray and Illuminating. Out of the two colors released this year, we’ve set our eyes on Ultimate Gray and the eye makeup looks that would complement people with gray eyes or gray contact lenses. From sparkly to smoky eyes, we have gathered some stunning looks for gray colored contact lenses. So, whether you want a clean and simple look or a sexy dramatic look, we have an eye makeup look to fit every mood!
Soft Nude Smoky Eyes
If there’s anything that can make gray colored lenses stand out, it has to be a smoky eye. Sounds intimidating and difficult to achieve? Not anymore. Smokey eye makeup is not as difficult as you think – all you need is time and patience.
Here’s how you can create the perfect smoky eye look for gray contact lenses:
- Prep and prime and your lids with an eyeshadow primer
- Apply a mid-tone or nude eyeshadow all over the lid
- Follow this with a deep brown eyeshadow on the outer corners forming a ‘V’
- Blend well for a soft smoky effect
- Now apply a pale gold shimmery eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners of the eyes
- Blend well to smoothen out harsh lines and create a seamless look
- Use a kohl pencil to tighten your waterline
- Create a thick liner using the same kohl pencil and smudge it out
- Use falsies or a volumizing mascara to finish off the look
The key to a perfect smoky eye is patience because all you need to do is blend, blend and blend.
Soft Pink Smoky Eyes
This pretty soft pink smoky eye look will really make your gray eyes pop! But if you want to amplify the look, draw a thick black line over your lash line and apply sparkly pink eyeshadow to your eyelid and waterline.
Here’s how you can create a soft pink smoky eye for gray contact lenses:
- Prep and prime your lids with an eyeshadow primer
- Start by applying a blush nude eyeshadow all over your lid
- Create a smoky effect by applying a burgundy eyeshadow on the outer corners of the eyelid
- Apply a pink shimmer or metallic rose gold eyeshadow from the inner corners to the middle of the eyelid
- To glam it up, apply a thick eyeliner and smudge the edges
- Lastly, for that added drama, use falsies or apply mascara
Lilac Halo Eyeshadow
This gorgeous eye makeup look features bright lilac shades with classic wing eyeliner and the trendy halo effect. The lilac tones beautifully complement gorgeous gray eyes. If you want your colored contact lenses to pop and give them all the attention, this eyeshadow shade will leave you stunned.
Here’s how you can create a soft lilac shimmery eye look for gray contact lenses:
- Prep and prime and your lids with an eyeshadow primer
- Apply lilac eyeshadow all over your lid
- Line your lower lashes with the same shade
- Add a dab of glitter lilac eyeshadow to the center of your eyelid
- Lastly, create a dramatic wing and use falsies for that OTT look
Silver Pin-Up Eyeliner Look
This is a simple yet absolutely stunning eye makeup look using only three colors. The combination of gray, silver and blue will truly make your colored contact lenses pop and who doesn’t want that?
Here’s how you can create a silver metallic eye makeup look for gray contact lenses
- Prep and prime your lids using an eyeshadow primer
- Apply a matte nude eyeshadow all over your lids
- Apply gray eyeshadow over your crease
- Now apply a silver metallic eyeshadow on the center of your eyelids, inner corners and lower lashline
- Using a black liquid liner draw a thick pin-up style wing
- Apply a thin line of turquoise blue eyeliner in your waterline
Full Glam Peach Eyeshadow Look
Presenting one of the easiest ways to wear peach eyeshadow – the monochrome eye makeup look. It doesn’t always have to be drama all the time, right? This subtle glam eye makeup look is perfect for day outings. Now, while this look is all about neutral colors, you can always switch it up using deeper shades like coral, burgundy, and plum.
Here’s how you can create a monochrome peach eyeshadow look for gray contact lenses
- Start with an eyelid primer
- Using an eyeshadow brush, apply the matte peach eyeshadow across your upper lid
- Next, using a blending brush apply the darker peach color into your crease
- Pick a shimmer eyeshadow in the same shade and apply it all over your lid
- Now, use the same matte eyeshadow over your lower lash line
- To finish, apply a thin layer of mascara to keep the look natural
There’s more to explore when it comes to eye makeup looks for gray contact lenses. Here are a few eye shadow colors that pair well with gray eyes.
- Dark Purple
- Bronze or Copper
Shop Colored Contact Lenses: