Cake is the answer to all of life’s questions. A decadent piece of chocolate cake dripping with ganache and layers of heavenly buttercream frosting. Mmm… *chefs kiss* Now imagine it’s your birthday and all your friends are gathered singing, while you make a wish and cut that delicious cake. Before you know it, someone has smashed it all over your face, and did I mention you wear specs? Now not only has a scrumptious chocolate cake gone to waste (it should be illegal) but it looks like your glasses are done for.
Cleaning your glasses can be tough, and especially so if you have cake or other greasy substances on it. For instance, when you’re applying lotion and without realizing you instinctively touch your eyeglasses getting it all over your lens. The best fix is an eyeglass lens solution like the Aqualens Spectacle Lens Cleaner from Lenskart and a trusty microfibre cloth.
In this article, we’re going to enlighten you about the various ways to use eyeglass lens solutions and most importantly why it’s so crucial.
First things first, why must you use a “special” solution to clean your eyeglass lenses? Cleaning your lenses with regular tap water or using a detergent will do more harm than good to your eyeglasses. Eyeglasses and sunglasses are often layered with anti-reflective coating, blue light filters, and other protective coatings that could get damaged if not cleaned using a lens solution. Additionally, given the current situation with the pandemic, one can’t be too careful when it comes to your health. Using an eyeglass lens solution to clean your eyewear is now more important than ever. Apart from removing dust, greasy and other tough stains, it will also help keep your eyewear germ-free and safe.
How To Clean Your Eyewear The Right Way:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with mild soap and water. Dry your hands.
- Rinse your eyewear under running water or with lukewarm water.
- Spray the Aqualens Spectacle Lens Cleaner or a lens solution of your choice.
- Gently, wipe it off with a microfibre cloth.
- Use a cotton swab for hard to reach spaces like the nose pads.
It’s also important that approximately every six months you take your spectacles or sunglasses to your optician for cleaning in an ultrasound bath. This also helps clean the frames.
Fun Fact: did you know, the Aqualens Spectacle Lens Cleaner can also be used to clean laptops, smartphones and other device screens? The Aqualens Spectacle Lens spray easily lifts prints, dirt and grime from eyeglasses, sunglasses, cell phones, tablet devices, even cameras and contact lenses! It’s non-toxic, odorless, and best of all, eco-friendly. The unique lens cleaner formula is engineered to be safe, 100 percent biodegradable, and fragrance-free, making it gentle on your skin and family-friendly. It is specially designed to address the needs of delicate lenses such as eyeglasses, sunglasses and camera lenses without harmful chemicals like sulfates, ammonia, and phosphates.
How To Avoid Damaging You Eyeglass And Sunglass Lens:
- Do not clean your spectacle or sunglass lenses with your clothing, towels or paper.
- Do not wear your eyeglasses or sunglasses with one hand. I know, it looks cool, but it can damage the frames and the centering.
- Make sure you rest the eyewear on the frame and not on the lens side down. This will lead to irreparable scratches.
- Always store your eyewear in a hard case and wrapped in a microfiber cloth to avoid damage if the case is shaken.
- Do not expose your eyeglasses or sunglasses to high temperatures of more than 70°C. This means no saunas or on the car dashboard in direct sunlight.
Your eyewear is delicate and prone to damage that can lead to an obstruction in your vision and we wouldn’t want that now, would we? Even after reading this article if you prefer to use regular soap and water to clean your eyewear or just want to avoid an added cost, think about what it could be doing to your eyes? Would you rather spend Rs. 120 now or a few thousand later to correct your vision problems? Too many questions, one simple solution – Aqualens Spectacle Lens Cleaner