Beauty tutorials on Instagram might have made you a pro at applying beautiful eye makeup. Thanks to all the influencers! But what if we tell you there’s more to enhancing your look than just shimmer eyeshadow or colored eyeliner? We’re talking about colored contact lenses–they can help you get the best out of any eye look. The right colored lenses provide a fun way to level up your makeup.
If you don’t believe us, professional makeup artist Geetanjali will change your mind with her simple eye makeup ideas. You are going to want every eye lens color in your collection. Are you ready for beauty 2.0? Wait, before you are smitten and ready to add a bunch of colored contact lenses to your shopping cart, make sure to read the guidelines mentioned below.
How To Choose Colored Contact Lenses?
Here are a few important factors that you must consider while buying colored contact lenses.
1. Comfort: It should be easy to wear and not painful to put in and remove.
2. Prescription And Safety: Visit the ophthalmologist for product recommendation and purchase.
3. Brands: Consult a doctor for the best lens fit before trying and buying a color, tint, and design.
4. Skin Tone: Consider your skin tone before choosing the best shade of lenses.
For fair skin = blue and grey color lenses
For tan skin = turquoise, green, and aqua color lenses
For dark-skin = brown, honey, and hazel color lenses
5. Makeup: Your makeup should complement your color contact lens color.
6. Self-Expression: Use color contact lenses to portray your vibe or personality.
Opaque-colored lenses = dramatic look
Green, violet, and blue contact lenses = statement-making look
Tinted = subtle look
1. Most affordable lenses
2. Super comfortable to wear every day
3. Keeps the eyes moist and fresh
4. Offers UV protection
Here are four gorgeous colored contact lenses from Aqualens you must have to level up your eye makeup looks.
#LevelUpWithAquaColor : Top 4 Colored Lenses To Elevate Your Eye Makeup Look
Brown Color Contact Lenses
If you choose to wear brown color contact lenses, accentuate your eyes with darker eye makeup, or try a graphic eyeliner like a cat eye or wing eyeliner. Both looks will complement the deeper brown shade well.
Get the look: Simple Cat Eye Makeup
1. Apply base eyeshadow on the entire eyelid.
2. Sweep the brown shade from your eyeshadow palette on your entire eyelid.
3. Highlight the brow bone using an illuminating highlighter.
4. Apply black kohl eye pencil to create a simple cat eye makeup look; this is the best makeup for small eyes.
5. Smudge the eyeliner with the help of a smudging brush.
6. Now, smudge black eyeshadow on the lower eyelid.
7. Finish off with volumizing eyelashes.
Where to wear: Date Night
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide To Eye Makeup For Contact Lens Wearers
Blue Contact Lenses
If you choose to wear blue eye lenses, smokey eye makeup is your best bet. This look will compliment your light blue eyes. The intense, dark shade of your eyeshadow will brighten your eyes and make them stand out.
Get the look: Blue Eye Makeup: Smokey Eyes
1. Sweep thick shimmer blue eyeliner over the lid and blend.
2. Smudge the liner with the help of a smudging brush for a smokey look.
3. Now, blend it with light blue eyeshadow.
4. Apply a silver shimmer eyeshadow on the eyelid.
5. Highlight the inner corner of the eye using an illuminating highlighter.
6. Apply blue eyeliner on the lower eyelid.
7. Finish off with oodles of mascara.
Where to wear: Party
Also Read: Colored Lenses for Diwali Festive Look
Grey Color Lenses
If you choose to wear grey color lenses, opt for easy eye makeup like the electric purple or pink eye makeup to make the blue undertone from your grey eyes pop. If you want to draw more attention to your grey eyes, add a touch of blue.
Get the look: Purple Eye Makeup
1. Apply brown eyeshadow on the crease of your eyelids.
2. Sweep electric purple eyeshadow on the eyelid.
3. Blend blue eyeshadow on the outer corner of your eyelid.
4. Highlight the brow bone with an illuminating highlighter.
5. Create a winged eyeliner with a black pen liner.
6. Highlight the inner corner of the eye.
7. Finish off with volumizing eyelashes.
Where to wear: Girls Day Out
Also Read: Eye Makeup For Pantone Inspired Colored Contact Lenses
Hazel Contact Lenses
If you choose to wear light-colored hazel contact lenses, then get your smokey eye look right. The intensity of this makeup look brings out the best of light eyes; they will appear vivid and pop out elegantly.
Get the look: Smokey Eye Makeup
1. Blend concealer on the eyelids for a smooth finish.
2. Sweep brown shade from your eyeshadow palette on the crease.
3. Now, again apply concealer on the eyelids.
4. Sweep dark brown eyeshadow on the outer corner, blending it inward.
5. Sweep matte brown shade on the inner corner of the eye. Blend well.
6. Apply silver shimmer eyeshadow on the middle of your eyelids.
7. Smudge black eyeshadow on the lower eyelid.
8. Highlight the browbone with an illuminating highlighter.
9. Apply black eyeliner across your upper lash line.
Where to wear: Wedding
Also Read: Hazel Dazzle: Eye Makeup Tips For Hazel Contact Lenses
Grey, blue, green, or brown color contact lenses, select an eye lens color that suits your mood, occasion, and makeup. Get your favorite lens color pack online on Lenskart.com, in-store, or download the app today. Also, get 10% OFF on Aquacolor contact lenses today. Use Code: LEVELUP10.
Ready to revamp your looks with a splash of color? Watch the tutorial video of all the above eye looks on our Youtube channel.